Stop the war!
default search action
Expert Systems - The Journal of Knowledge Engineering, Volume 39
Volume 39, Number 1, January 2022
- Mohd Saqib Akhoon, Shahrel Azmin Suandi, Abdullah S. Alshahrani, Abdul-Malik H. Y. Saad, Fahad R. Albogamy, Mohd Zaid Bin Abdullah, Sajad A. Loan:
High performance accelerators for deep neural networks: A review.
- Achukatla Valli Bhasha, Balam Diguvathattu Venkatramana Reddy:
Image super resolution model enabled by wavelet lifting with optimized deep convolutional neural network.
- Mahdie Eghdami, Hadi Sadoghi Yazdi, Neshat Salehi:
Sparsity-aware support vector data description reinforced by expectation maximization.
- Javad Forough, Saeedeh Momtazi:
Sequential credit card fraud detection: A joint deep neural network and probabilistic graphical model approach.
- Amit K. Chattopadhyay, Subhagata Chattopadhyay:
VIRDOCD: A VIRtual DOCtor to predict dengue fatality.
- Bui Hai Phong, Thang Manh Hoang, Thi-Lan Le:
An end-to-end framework for the detection of mathematical expressions in scientific document images.
- Biswajit Sarkar, Animesh Biswas:
A multi-criteria decision making approach for strategy formulation using Pythagorean fuzzy logic.
- Kuldeep Singh, Chhavi Dhiman, Dinesh Kumar Vishwakarma, Himanshu Makhija, Gurjit Singh Walia:
A sparse coded composite descriptor for human activity recognition.
- Vidhushavarshini Sureshkumar, Sathiyabhama Balasubramaniam, Vinayakumar Ravi, Ajay Arunachalam:
A hybrid optimization algorithm-based feature selection for thyroid disease classifier with rough type-2 fuzzy support vector machine.
- Chen Guo, Heng Tang, Ben Niu:
Evolutionary state-based novel multi-objective periodic bacterial foraging optimization algorithm for data clustering.
- Kulanthaivel Balakrishnan, R. Dhanalakshmi, Utkarsh Mahadeo Khaire:
Analysing stable feature selection through an augmented marine predator algorithm based on opposition-based learning.
- Michela Ponticorvo, Massimiliano Schembri, Orazio Miglino:
Training and assessing numerical abilities across the lifespan with intelligent systems: The example of Baldo.
- Ying Yu, Hao Huang:
Eliciting symptom-diagnosis knowledge from online medical Q&A.
- Abhijit Roy, Bikesh Kumar Singh, Sumit K. Banchhor, Kesari Verma:
Segmentation of malignant tumours in mammogram images: A hybrid approach using convolutional neural networks and connected component analysis.
- Chandra Mohan Dasari, Raju Bhukya:
MapReduce paradigm: DNA sequence clustering based on repeats as features.
- Alfredo S. Ramos, Elías Olivares Benítez, Pablo A. Miranda Gonzalez:
Multi-start iterated local search metaheuristic for the multi-mode resource-constrained project scheduling problem.
- Min Seok Lee, Seok Woo Yang, Hong Joo Lee:
Weight attention layer-based document classification incorporating information gain.
- Beatriz López, Ferran Torrent-Fontbona, Luis Masana Marín, Alberto Zamora:
HTE 3.0: Knowledge-based systems in cascade for familial hypercholesterolemia detection and dyslipidemia treatment.
- Chakradhar Pabba, Praveen Kumar:
An intelligent system for monitoring students' engagement in large classroom teaching through facial expression recognition.
Volume 39, Number 2, February 2022
- Desheng Dash Wu, Jon Hall:
Expert systems and risk analytics in service engineering.
- Cuicui Luo:
A comparison analysis for credit scoring using bagging ensembles.
- Sayed Shahab Amelian, Seyed Mojtaba Sajadi, Mehrzad Navabakhsh, Majid Esmaelian:
Multi-objective optimization for stochastic failure-prone job shop scheduling problem via hybrid of NSGA-II and simulation method.
- Hong Lu, Fei Qiao:
An efficient adaptive genetic algorithm for energy saving in the hybrid flow shop scheduling with batch production at last stage.
- Xin Liu, Jingkai Huang:
China's high-tech industry efficiency measurement with virtual frontier data envelopment analysis and Malmquist productivity index.
- Baloka Belezamo, Süleyman Eken, Cafer Avci:
Special issue on big data in transportation.
- Claudio Teixeira, Luana Fragoso, Marta Mattoso, Diego Carvalho, Eduardo Bezerra, Jorge de Abreu Soares, Glauco Amorim, Eduardo S. Ogasawara:
A horizontal partitioning-based method for frequent pattern mining in transport timetable.
- Zain Ul Abideen, Heli Sun, Zhou Yang, Hamza Fahim:
Regional-based multi-module spatial-temporal networks predicting city-wide taxi pickup/dropoff demand from origin to destination.
- Fethullah Gocer, Nazmi Sener:
Spherical fuzzy extension of AHP-ARAS methods integrated with modified k-means clustering for logistics hub location problem.
- Iván García Aguilar, Rafael Marcos Luque Baena, Ezequiel López-Rubio:
Improved detection of small objects in road network sequences using CNN and super resolution.
- Meisheng Liu, Desheng Wu:
Productivity measurement of industrial sector in China regarding air pollution.
- Aneirson Francisco da Silva, Fernando Augusto Silva Marins, Erica Ximenes Dias, Rafael de Carvalho Miranda:
Goal programming and multiple criteria data envelopment analysis combined with optimization and Monte Carlo simulation: An application in railway components.
- Sachin Minocha, Birmohan Singh:
A novel equilibrium optimizer based on levy flight and iterative cosine operator for engineering optimization problems.
- Jae Kyeong Kim, Chang Geun Jeong, Qinglong Li, Il Young Choi:
The demand effect analysis of head books and tail books in book recommendation networks.
- Manuel Mora, Fen Wang, Jorge Marx Gómez, Gloria E. Phillips-Wren:
Development methodologies for ontology-based knowledge management systems: A review.
- Zhehong Xiang, Guo Zhou, Yongquan Zhou, Qifang Luo:
Golden sine cosine SALP swarm algorithm for shape matching using atomic potential function.
- Kökten Ulas Birant:
Multi-view rank-based random forest: A new algorithm for prediction in eSports.
- Abdul Wahid, Annavarapu Chandra Sekhara Rao:
RDOF: An outlier detection algorithm based on relative density.
- Vinayakumar Ravi, Vasundhara Acharya, Tuan D. Pham:
Attention deep learning-based large-scale learning classifier for Cassava leaf disease classification.
- Jun Liu, Shengkai Zhang, Yan Tu, Liang Li, Zongmin Li:
Improved multi-criteria group decision-making method considering hesitant fuzzy preference relations with self-confidence behaviours for environmental pollution emergency response process evaluation.
Volume 39, Number 3, March 2022
- Deepak Gupta, Utku Kose, Oscar Castillo:
Special issue on deep neural networks for biomedical data and imaging.
- Pir Masoom Shah, Hamid Ullah, Rahim Ullah, Dilawar Shah, Yulin Wang, Saif ul Islam, Abdullah Gani, Joel J. P. C. Rodrigues:
DC-GAN-based synthetic X-ray images augmentation for increasing the performance of EfficientNet for COVID-19 detection.
- Neha Yadav, Sk Md Alfayeed, Aditya Khamparia, Babita Pandey, Dang N. H. Thanh, Sagar Pande:
HSV model-based segmentation driven facial acne detection using deep learning.
- Hui Wen Loh, Ooi Chui Ping, Emrah Aydemir, Turker Tuncer, Sengül Dogan, U. Rajendra Acharya:
Decision support system for major depression detection using spectrogram and convolution neural network with EEG signals.
- Basetty Mallikarjuna, Gulshan Shrivastava, Meenakshi Sharma:
Blockchain technology: A DNN token-based approach in healthcare and COVID-19 to generate extracted data.
- Romany Fouad Mansour, Nada M. Alfar, Sayed Abdel-Khalek, Maha S. Abdelhaq, Rashid A. Saeed, Raed A. Alsaqour:
Optimal deep learning based fusion model for biomedical image classification.
- Jianpeng Yuan, Wensheng Huang, Yongshun Wu, Long Liu, Chao Bu, Shuqiang Wang, Weidong Zhang:
Predictive effect of computed tomography imaging omics features under deep learning on metastatic lymph nodes of nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Fadi Al-Turjman:
COVID-19 special issue: Intelligent solutions for computer communication-assisted infectious disease diagnosis.
- Chandrakanta Mahanty, Raghvendra Kumar, Brojo Kishore Mishra, D. Jude Hemanth, Deepak Gupta, Ashish Khanna:
Prediction of COVID-19 active cases using exponential and non-linear growth models.
- Shouqin Jia, Ying Wang, Wuzhang Wang, Qiang Zhang, Xu Zhang:
Value of medical imaging artificial intelligence in the diagnosis and treatment of new coronavirus pneumonia.
- Wengang Qiu, Jun Xie, Yi Shen, Jiang Xu, Jun Liang:
Endoscopic image recognition method of gastric cancer based on deep learning model.
- Ye Tian, Zheng Chu, Gang Ma:
Fuzzy logic control theory in clinical anesthesia.
- Jinxia He, Kaifeng Zhang:
Medical image analysis of multiple myeloma based on convolutional neural network.
- Binjun He, Wenbin Hu, Kang Zhang, Shunda Yuan, Xiaoliang Han, Chao Su, Jiaming Zhao, Guzong Wang, Guoxia Wang, Liuya Zhang:
Image segmentation algorithm of lung cancer based on neural network model.
- Chonggen Huang, Zaiqiu Gu, Zhigang Jia, Jiong Yan:
Clinical study of serum procalcitonin in the early diagnosis of burns and sepsis under the background of healthy clouds.
- Senthil Kumaran Varadharajan, Viswanathan Nallasamy:
P-SCADA - A novel area and energy efficient FPGA architectures for LSTM prediction of heart arrthymias in biot applications.
- Janmenjoy Nayak, Manohar Mishra, Bighnaraj Naik, Hanumanthu Swapnarekha, Korhan Cengiz, Vimal Shanmuganathan:
An impact study of COVID-19 on six different industries: Automobile, energy and power, agriculture, education, travel and tourism and consumer electronics.
- Yu-Dong Zhang, Suresh Chandra Satapathy, Shui-Hua Wang:
Fruit category classification by fractional Fourier entropy with rotation angle vector grid and stacked sparse autoencoder.
- Ajay Singh, Vaibhav Jindal, Rajinder Sandhu, Victor Chang:
A scalable framework for smart COVID surveillance in the workplace using Deep Neural Networks and cloud computing.
- Dimple Tiwari, Bhoopesh Singh Bhati, Fadi Al-Turjman, Bharti Nagpal:
Pandemic coronavirus disease (Covid-19): World effects analysis and prediction using machine-learning techniques.
- Duygu Çelik Ertugrul, Demet Çelik Ulusoy:
A knowledge-based self-pre-diagnosis system to predict Covid-19 in smartphone users using personal data and observed symptoms.
- Tarjni Vyas, Raj Yadav, Chitra Solanki, Rutvi Darji, Shivani Desai, Sudeep Tanwar:
Deep learning-based scheme to diagnose Parkinson's disease.
- Sonam Aggarwal, Sheifali Gupta, Adi Alhudhaif, Deepika Koundal, Rupesh Gupta, Kemal Polat:
Automated COVID-19 detection in chest X-ray images using fine-tuned deep learning architectures.
- Zaid Abdi Alkareem Alyasseri, Mohammed Azmi Al-Betar, Iyad Abu Doush, Mohammed A. Awadallah, Ammar Kamal Abasi, Sharif Naser Makhadmeh, Osama Ahmad Alomari, Karrar Hameed Abdulkareem, Afzan Adam, Robertas Damasevicius, Mazin Abed Mohammed, Raed Abu Zitar:
Review on COVID-19 diagnosis models based on machine learning and deep learning approaches.
- Hemanta Kumar Bhuyan, Chinmay Chakraborty, Yogesh Shelke, Subhendu Kumar Pani:
COVID-19 diagnosis system by deep learning approaches.
- Guan Wang, Dandan Li, Jinling Ge, Tao Wang:
Medical informatization of management system for admission office under convolutional neural network.
- Anand Kumar Srivastava, Yugal Kumar, Pradeep Kumar Singh:
Hybrid diabetes disease prediction framework based on data imputation and outlier detection techniques.
- Ibrahim M. El-Hasnony, Mohamed Elhoseny, Zahraa Tarek:
A hybrid feature selection model based on butterfly optimization algorithm: COVID-19 as a case study.
- Lipsita Sahu, Rohit Sharma, Ipsita Sahu, Manoja Das, Bandita Sahu, Raghvendra Kumar:
Efficient detection of Parkinson's disease using deep learning techniques over medical data.
- Ihsan Jasim Hussein, Burhanuddin Mohd Aboobaider, Mazin Abed Mohammed, Narjes Benameur, Marwah Suliman Maashi, Mashael S. Maashi:
Fully-automatic identification of gynaecological abnormality using a new adaptive frequency filter and histogram of oriented gradients (HOG).
- Malavika Saminathan, Manikandan Ramachandran, Ambeshwar Kumar, Rajkumar Kulandaivel, Ashish Khanna, Prakashkumar Singh:
A study on specific learning algorithms pertaining to classify lung cancer disease.
- Deepak Kumar Sharma, Parul Lakhotia, Paras Sain, Shikha Brahmachari:
Early prediction and monitoring of sepsis using sequential long short term memory model.
- Remya Remani Sathyan, Gopakumar Chandrasekhara Menon, Hariharan S, Rakhi Thampi, Jude Hemanth Duraisamy:
Traditional and deep-based techniques for end-to-end automated karyotyping: A review.
- Enas W. Abdulhay, Maha Alafeef, Hikmat Hadoush, Arunkumar N.:
Autism diagnosis via correlation between vectors of direct quadrature instantaneous frequency of EEG analytic normalized intrinsic mode functions.
- Aarya Patel, Ankit Vidyarthi:
PTXNet: An extended UNet model based segmentation of pneumothorax from chest radiography images.
- Prerna Sharma, Kapil Sharma:
A novel quantum-inspired binary bat algorithm for leukocytes classification in blood smear.
- Auwalu Saleh Mubarak, Sertan Serte, Fadi Al-Turjman, Zubaida Sa'id Ameen, Mehmet Ozsoz:
Local binary pattern and deep learning feature extraction fusion for COVID-19 detection on computed tomography images.
- Kavita Sharma:
Internet of healthcare things security vulnerabilities and jamming attack analysis.
- Aodi Sui, Wuyong Qian:
Intelligent grey forecasting model based on periodic aggregation generating operator and its application in forecasting clean energy.
- José Pereira Delmondes Neto, Ivandré Paraboni:
Multi-source BERT stack ensemble for cross-domain author profiling.
Volume 39, Number 4, May 2022
Emerging Trends in Internet of Things for eHealth and Medical supply Chain Systems
- Victor Chang, Muthu Ramachandran, Chung-Sheng Li:
Special issue editorial on emerging trends in internet of things for e-health and medical supply chain systems.
- Rathnamma V. Mydukuri, Suresh Kallam, Rizwan Patan, Fadi Al-Turjman, Manikandan Ramachandran:
Deming least square regressed feature selection and Gaussian neuro-fuzzy multi-layered data classifier for early COVID prediction.
- Sandeep Kumar Sood, Keshav Singh Rawat:
Fog-assisted virtual reality-based learning framework to control panic.
- Keerthika Periasamy, Suresh Periasamy, Sathiyamoorthi Velayutham, Zuopeng Zhang, Syed Thouheed Ahmed, Anitha Jayapalan:
A proactive model to predict osteoporosis: An artificial immune system approach.
- Hocine Hamil, Zahia Zidelmal, Mohamed Salah Azzaz, Samir Sakhi, Redouane Kaibou, Salem Djilali, Djaffar Ould Abdeslam:
Design of a secured telehealth system based on multiple biosignals diagnosis and classification for IoT application.
- Chong Ni Ki, Amin Hosseinian Far, Alireza Daneshkhah, Nader Salari:
Topic modelling in precision medicine with its applications in personalized diabetes management.
- Mariano Rincón-Zamorano, Rafael Martínez-Tomás, José Manuel Ferrández de Vicente:
IWINAC'2019: Intelligent systems for cognitive training and assessment.
- Guillermo Cano-Escalera, Manuel Graña, Jon Irazusta, Idoia Labayen, Ariadna Besga:
Risk factors for prediction of delirium at hospital admittance.
- Daniel González, Miguel A. Patricio, Antonio Berlanga, José M. Molina:
Variational autoencoders for anomaly detection in the behaviour of the elderly using electricity consumption data.
- Parisa Lak, Aysun Bozanta, Can Kavaklioglu, Mucahit Cevik, Ayse Basar, Martin Petitclerc, Graham J. Wills:
A replication study on implicit feedback recommender systems with application to the data visualization recommendation.
- Xiuli Mu, Hongyan Zhang:
Embedded electronic medical record text data mining using neural network association classification algorithm.
- Jafar Ahmad Abed Alzubi, Omar A. Alzubi, Majdi Beseiso, Anil Kumar Budati, K. Shankar:
Optimal multiple key-based homomorphic encryption with deep neural networks to secure medical data transmission and diagnosis.
- Jeremy Straub:
Assessment of the comparative efficiency of software-based Boolean, electronic, software-based fractional value and simplified quantum principal expert systems.
- M. Adimoolam, Karthi Govindharaju, John A, Senthilkumar Mohan, Ali Ahmadian, Tiziana Ciano:
A hybrid learning approach for the stage-wise classification and prediction of COVID-19 X-ray images.
- Mamillapally Nagaraju, Priyanka Chawla, Shuchi Upadhyay, Rajeev Tiwari:
Convolution network model based leaf disease detection using augmentation techniques.
- Tingting Jiang, Hao Wang, Xiangfeng Luo, Shaorong Xie, Jingchao Wang:
MIFAS: Multi-source heterogeneous information fusion with adaptive importance sampling for link prediction.
- K. Mrinalini, P. Vijayalakshmi, T. Nagarajan:
Feature-weighted AdaBoost classifier for punctuation prediction in Tamil and Hindi NLP systems.
- Tribhuvan Singh:
Handling multiple objectives using k-means clustering guided multiobjective evolutionary algorithm.
- Gustavo H. de Rosa, Mateus Roder, João P. Papa:
Neighbour-based bag-of-samplings for person identification through handwritten dynamics and convolutional neural networks.
- Farimah Houshmand Nanehkaran, Seyed Mohammadreza Lajevardi, Mahmoud Mahlouji Bidgholi:
Optimization of fuzzy similarity by genetic algorithm in user-based collaborative filtering recommender systems.
- Abhishek Kumar, Jyoti Rawat, Indrajeet Kumar, Mamoon Rashid, Kamred Udham Singh, Yasser D. Al-Otaibi, Usman Tariq:
Computer-aided deep learning model for identification of lymphoblast cell using microscopic leukocyte images.
- Alexia G. Tzalavra, Ioannis Andreadis, Kalliopi V. Dalakleidi, Fotios Constantinidis, Evangelia I. Zacharaki, Konstantina S. Nikita:
Dynamic contrast enhanced-magnetic resonance imaging radiomics combined with a hybrid adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system-particle swarm optimization approach for breast tumour classification.
- Satyender, Sanjeev Kumar Dhull, Krishna Kant Singh:
ESIMD: Epileptic seizure identification using metaheuristic deep learning technique.
- Ali Aydogdu, Sait Gül:
New entropy propositions for interval-valued spherical fuzzy sets and their usage in an extension of ARAS (ARAS-IVSFS).
- Soumya Ranjan Nayak, Janmenjoy Nayak, S. Vimal, Vaibhav Arora, Utkarsh Sinha:
An ensemble artificial intelligence-enabled MIoT for automated diagnosis of malaria parasite.
- Raphael Elimeli Nuhoho, Wenyu Chen, Adu Asare Baffour:
A semi-supervised network based on feature embeddings for image classification.
- Mahdi Ravakhah, Mehrdad Jalali, Yahya Forghani, Reza Sheibani:
Balanced hierarchical max margin matrix factorization for recommendation system.
- Hesam Varaee, Mohammad Reza Ghasemi:
An improved chaotic ideal gas molecular movement algorithm for engineering optimization problems.
- Sajad Ahmadian, Seyed Mohammad Jafar Jalali, Saeid Raziani, Abdolah Chalechale:
An efficient cardiovascular disease detection model based on multilayer perceptron and moth-flame optimization.
- Muhammet Aktas, Zeki Yetgin, Fatih Kiliç, Önder Sünbül:
Automated test design using swarm and evolutionary intelligence algorithms.
Volume 39, Number 5, June 2022
Big Data Analytics with IoT-Oriented Infrastructures for Future Smart Cities
- Rohit Sharma, Deepak Gupta, Andino Maseleno, Sheng-Lung Peng:
Introduction to the special issue on big data analytics with internet of things-oriented infrastructures for future smart cities.
- A. K. M. Bahalul Haque, Bharat Bhushan, Gaurav Dhiman:
Conceptualizing smart city applications: Requirements, architecture, security issues, and emerging trends.
- Qi Zhang, Yishu Liu:
Smart user experience medical app interface design based on mobile devices.
- Himanshu, Rajesh Khanna, Anil Kumar:
Knowledge acquisition for 3D coordinates of target in wireless sensor networks for smart city application.
- Shamik Tiwari, Anurag Jain, Nada Mohamed Osman Sid Ahmed, Charu, Lulwah M. Alkwai, Alaa Kamal Yousif Dafhalla, Sawsan Ali Saad Hamad:
Machine learning-based model for prediction of power consumption in smart grid- smart way towards smart city.